Great as a gift or to mount on your own mantel, this easy DIY monogrammed stocking comes together in less time than a holiday dinner. Learn the basics of how to crochet a Christmas stocking with this simple tutorial and pattern — you’ll discover it’s easy to crochet a stocking, even the tricky heel!
What You’ll Need:
You can also use comparable yarns from Sugar Bush Chill, Loopy Mango Marino No. 5 and Wool and the Gang Crazy Sexy Wool. If you want to invest in more sizes of crochet hooks for just a few dollars more, try a full set of Soft Grip Crochet Hooks.
How to Crochet a Stocking, Step by Step
GLOSSARY: CH: Chain // ST: Stitch // SL ST: Slip Stitch // SC: Single Crochet // DC: Double Crochet
- Row 1: Create a magic circle. CH 2, then work 12 DC into the middle of the magic circle. SL ST to join to first stitch. (12 DC made)
- Row 2: CH 2, *DC in first stitch, 2 DC in next stitch* repeat from *to* a total of 6 times. SL ST to first DC to join. (18)
- Row 3: CH2, *DC in next 2 STs, 2 DC in next ST* repeat from *to* a total of 6 times. SL ST to first DC. (24)
- Row 4: CH2, *DC in next 3 STs, 2 DC in next ST* repeat from *to* a total of 6 times. SL ST to first DC. (30)
- Rows 5-12: CH2, DC in next 30 STs. SL ST to first DC. (30)
- Row 13: CH2, DC in next 20 stitches. Leave last 10 stitches unworked. (20)
- Rows 14-20: CH2, turn, DC in next 20 stitches. At the end of row 20, SL ST to join heel together.
- Row 21: Chain 2. DC 12 stitches across heel, spacing the stitches evenly. Skip stitch in corner. One SC stitch where toe begins. DC 8 across top of toe. One SC. Skip stitch in corner. DC 12 across top of heel. SL ST to join. (34 stitches)
- Row 22: Chain 2. DC 12 across heel. Skip over the SC stitch from the previous row. DC 8 across top of toe. Skip the SC stitch. DC 12 across top of heel. SL ST to join. (32 stitches)
- Rows 23-38: Chain 2. DC around top (32). SL ST to join rows.
- Finishing: Chain to make a loop at your desired length. Tie to top corner of stocking. Weave in ends. Add a monogram or pom pom if desired.
Download and print the full crochet stocking pattern to complete the project and deck out your home this holiday season.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io