As news about the federal Infrastructure Investment and Employment Act proceeds to evolve, Building Dive will be tracking the newest developments listed here each and every week. Browse on for tales about IIJA-funded jobs, new steering from the White Home and far more.
March 1, 2021
- States and area communities are ramping up plans to invest the billions of pounds in the Infrastructure Expense and Positions Act that handed previous calendar year. Here’s what the regulation has finished so significantly. (CNN)
- Arizona is established to acquire at the very least $315 million from the IIJA for improvements to a few ports of entry alongside the Mexican border to ease trade and improve border safety. (Phoenix Organization Journal)
- President Joe Biden’s drive to develop world wide web company by treating broadband much more like a public utility is on a collision training course with guidelines in 17 states. (Route Fifty)
- Ohio and Kentucky request the federal govt for $2 billion to resolve and switch a bridge that grew to become a symbol throughout the discussion above the infrastructure act. (Involved Push)
- Minnesota and Wisconsin DOTs glimpse to exchange the getting old bridge that crosses the St. Louis River, and hope infrastructure act funds can assist. President Biden will pay a visit to Excellent, Wisconsin on Wednesday to promote the law. (WPR)
- For Pennsylvania and other states, dollars from the infrastructure act will not come cost-free — localities will likely need to have to monetarily contribute to initiatives as well. (WLVR)